|I want to thank all the Manny Martinez students, parents and staff for all your hard work. Unfortunately Manny Martinez Middle School will not be open any longer. Manny Martinez Middle School an Edison Learning and DPS charter school will close at the end of the 2011-12 school year. For more information on enrollment please contact the Generations Academy at West High School.†|
Student Learning Expectations Contract
1. BE Safe
2. BE ON TIME.
3. BE RESPECTFUL.
4. BE RESPONSIBLE.
5. BE PREPARED TO SUCCEED.
- Our student's primary reason for attending school is to learn and prepare students to be productive citizens.
- All students are expected to wear a student ID and carry a student planner at all times. Failure to do so will result in a discipline consequence and or loss of privileges.
- All staff will be expected to enforce our school expectations and board policies. In doing so, students who violate these expectations and policies will receive a disciplinary consequence.
- Students are expected to adhere to the Manny Martinez Middle School dress code. Our school uniform is a turquoise blue, beige or white top (t-shirt or sweater). Students may wear jeans (blue or black) or blue/black/beige khaki pants. Shorts and skirts are permissible if appropriate length. Students MAY NOT wear tank tops, hats, head gear, trench coats or gang affiliated attire. Students who are in violation of the dress code will be asked to change or receive a discipline consequence.
- Electronics (cell phones, pagers, CD players, head phones and iPods) must be turned off and NOT. These items distract from our primary classroom objectives. These items should not be seen or heard within the classroom or hallways.
- Students will be expected to complete their assignments or report before school for tutoring.
- Parents will be expected to report all absences to the attendance office in order for student absences to be excused. Read the student handbook in the planner to learn of acceptable reasons to have an absence excused. There have been modifications made to the planners!
- Students are expected to report all problems or concerns to the appropriate staff member. Parents are encouraged to report concerns to administrators when meetings/calls to other staff members prove unsuccessful.
- Students are expected to be on time to all classes and are NOT allowed to loiter on campus. Students who do not have a class need to be in designated areas or vacate the campus.
- Students are expected to be on their best behavior. No profanity, abusive and/or derogatory language, harassment, bullying, fighting, instigating, or gang activity will be tolerated.
I have read, understand and accept the following learning expectations that Manny Martinez Middle School has set forth. I understand that failure to obey the following expectations may result in discipline action. I am signing this contract as verification of acceptance to the Manny Martinez Middle School Learning Expectations and am ready to begin high school as a scholar.
Student Signature Date
Parent Signature Date